Restaurant Review: Satu'li Canteen

As part of the new Pandora section of the Animal Kingdom park, Satu'li Canteen had my interest picqued. As a regular scroller of #disneyfood, I knew I needed to see if it was worth all the hype I had seen on my Instagram feed.

When we ate at Satu'li Canteen, my husband and I shared a meal. We first started with the cheeseburger bao, which was basically a cheeseburger in a steamed bun. To me, it seemed similar to a dim sum offerings such as bbq pork, and thankfully NOT similar to the new Pixar short, Bao (if you watched it you'll know exactly what I mean! If not, you can learn a little more about it here, very light spoilers included).

In our opinion, the meat and fillings were flavourful, and the dough was sweet and delicate. 10/10 would recommend.

Sweet, sweet innards of the cheeseburger bao.


We also had a slow-roasted sliced grilled beef bowl with the red and sweet potato hash as our base and some cream herb sauce topping it off.

The bowl was very good. The meat was tender, with the hash having just the right notes of savoury and sweet. The slaw served on the side had a nice crunch. The herb sauce was a great compliment to the dish, being both creamy and light.

This bowl came with the option of boba balls , usually small balls of tapioca or fruit juice (Disney's version is the latter). I was on the fence about the boba balls, which had a fruity flavouring that sounded out-of-place in a beef bowl. After taking a bite of all of the complements of the bowl, the boba actually rounded out the mouthful and left me pleasantly surprised.


Our bowl! Although not a perfect offering with a most likely high-calorie sauce, this meal is one of the more nutritious that can be found in the parks.


As a side, we received chips that were crunchy and salty. The saltiness was more than expected, but not in an unpleasant way.

In all, I would rate Satu'li Canteen as 4.5/5 mouse ears for those of you who are looking to try something a little different than the usual Disney food. Although this is considered to be Quick Service food, it is of much higher quality than many other Quick Service restaurants throughout the parks.

Have you tried the food in Pandora? Comment, subscribe and/or follow me on Instagram :)


Let me book the magic for you! Fill in this form for a FREE quote and/or click here for my contact information!

Comments

Popular Posts