In the Parks Series - Nine Tastiest Snacks in Epcot!

Today, I thought we'd take a look at nine of the best snacks offered in Epcot, in my opinion at least. With its many different kinds of food, in part due to the World Showcase, Epcot really is the kind of place you can get your nom nom on.

Some of my 'snacks' are going to be alcoholic since we really like to try different drinks when we travel (and when we don't...) As we were visiting during the 2018 Flower and Garden Festival, some will also be seasonal. Be forewarned :)

9. Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich

Yep, we’re going to start with something generic. Why is this on my list? Because it’s iconic. Part of the fun of a Disney vacation is to eat foods shaped like Mickey. And eat I did! I had a number of these sandwiches; in the Florida heat, they really are refreshing. The cookie is soft, the ice cream cold enough to satisfy your craving and not melt in your hand. The ice cream is a vanilla cookies and cream flavour. All in all, perfection.

You can find these at the outdoor carts in the parks. In Epcot, it can be found at the Popcorn Cart in Future World (not to be mixed up with the Popcorn Cart in the Canada pavilion).





8. Frushi

Here’s a fun one: frushi is Disney’s take on fruit sushi! It has some coconut sprinklings, various fruits, coconut rice, some sort of fruity wrapping, raspberry drizzle, and whipped cream for dipping.

I was a bit skeptical of frushi initially. It just sounds strange to put rice and fruit together without some sort of savoury element to tie it all together. However, I was pleasantly surprised! It was a light, airy snack that helped to curb my sweet tooth from the get go. I would definitely recommend it.

I got mine at Hanami, one of the outdoor kitchens at the 2018 Flower and Garden Festival at the Japan pavilion.





7. Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whiskey

Even though adding popcorn to a drink sounds really strange, this drink really nails it. The Maple Crown Royal is not overwhelming, but definitely enough for you to be able to tell you’re drinking a cocktail. The maple is sweet, the popcorn slightly salty. It’s really quite enjoyable.

Through my contemplations from my igloo as my husband put a tap in our maple tree, this drink doesn’t ring super authentic to being a real Canadian beverage (minus the Crown Royal, which is a Canadian rye). That being said, it’s not something to miss if you get the chance to try it!

For you under-21 crowd, this drink is also offered without the whiskey.

This drink was found at the outdoor kitchen Northern Bloom during the 2018 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival in the Canada pavilion. Unfortunately, this is another seasonal offering.





6. Grapefruit Beer

What tasty snacks in Epcot list is complete without the ever-famous grapefruit beer?

I’m not much of a beer drinker, but even I found it to be palatable. It has a light beer taste, with pink grapefruit permeating the brew. Definitely something to try even if you're more of a cocktail or highball kind of person

This drink can be found year-round at Sommerfest in the German pavilion.





5. Cider Flight

Anyone who knows me or sees my posts on Instagram knows that I love cider! I frequent a local cider house with my family monthly, if not weekly!

Of course, when I saw Epcot was offering a cider flight, I had to try it!

The black cherry cider tasted like black cherry (better than that cough syrup taste cherry beverages sometimes have) and was pretty good! I also really liked the pineapple cider, which reminds me of a favourite back home called Pina Loca. It’s light and sweet. I wasn’t really a fan of the orange hard cider though, so your mileage may vary on this one.

I found it at Cider House, another offering of the 2018 Flower and Garden Festival. This was located in the United Kingdom pavilion.




4. Orange Slush with Grey Goose Vodka

I told you we like to try drinks! I really like slushy drinks, so this slush was perfect to help me combat the heat.

The vodka gave it a little kick, but the sweet orange slush really balanced it out. I definitely recommend this drink to anyone who likes to feel like they are wandering around a tropical paradise on their Disney vacation!

This drink was found at Les Vins des Chefs de France in the France pavilion, and is offered year-round.




3. Violet Lemonade

Another offering of the Flower and Garden Festival, this one was all over Instagram and I had to get my hands on one! It did have hints of violet, with a sweet, yet tart taste profile from the lemonade. It is offered in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink options. I mixed it up and tried the non-alcoholic version of this one.

This was offered at the Pineapple Promenade outdoor kitchen by the Canada pavilion.




2. Salted Caramel Toffee

Who doesn’t love some Werther’s toffee? If you’re like me, you’ll love the salted caramel toffee Epcot has to offer.

First off, it’s massive for a toffee! Also, how rich it is definitely made for a very satisfying treat. You can taste all the right flavours with this one: caramel, chocolate, and some delicious sea salt! It’s ooey gooey and just delicious!

This offering can be found year-round at Karamell Kuche in the German pavilion.




1. School Bread

Of the snacks I tried in Epcot, I’m pretty sure this was my favourite! I know it’s a cult classic, but let me sing its praises as well. It is so light and flaky, with such a light custard inside, that it is perfect as a snack to share. With the cardamom bun, coconut flakes, and custard, it's not too sweet - but it's definitely sweet enough to feel like an indulgence!

School bread can be found year-round at Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway Pavilion.




What are your must-try snacks at Epcot? Comment and subscribe :)




Let me book the magic for you! Fill in this form for a FREE quote and/or click here for my contact information!

Comments

Popular Posts